Use MobiK to send completely Free SMS from your PC or Mobile

MobiK LogoFor people like me, who live & work out of their country both SMS ad Email serve as extremely useful mediums of communication with relatives & friends back home. Out of these SMS or Simple Messaging Service is by far the most favoured method – for whether you have a net connection or not, you can still lop off a SMS anytime as long as you’re within the reach of the cellular service. Besides one doesn’t need to be computer literate to send a SMS. However, if you consider cases like mine, where I’ve to send SMS-es in bulk on almost all festive occasions apart from the regular (daily) ones – it becomes a thoroughly expensive affair. At least from Thailand, each international SMS is charged close to 9 Baht, which is roughly 25 cents USD.

Thus I’d always been on the lookout for a truly free alternative to this. Skype helped somewhat by providing low cost SMS at almost domestic rates (2-3 Baht per message). Somehow that still didn’t stop burning big holes in my pocket on a regular basis. Along came MobiK

This excellent service was referred to me by a friend on Orkut, the social-networking site by Google. Having been thoroughly dismayed by various other so-called “free” SMS services like SMS.ac I approached it with a lot of apprehension. Little did I know that in no time my fears would get entirely replaced by utter amazement. What struck me first was the interface, which is totally designed in Flash. I admit that I’m a sucker for eye-candy GUI but definitely not at the cost of performance. Initially it did take a couple of seconds to pre-load the entire interface, but ever since it was one hell of a smooth journey. To start as you’ve to undergo a short registration process similar to almost every other site these days and …. that’s about it.

MobiK Interface

The moment you’re registered and have verified your email, you can start sending out SMS-es. For those paranoid about privacy, the service doesn’t send out your own phone number along with the messages and hence you stay safe behind your online identity.

The GUI is really smooth and divided into 3 panels laid out side by side. The first one contains a Contact / Address Book for storing your phone contacts. A Folders tab for organising your inbound/outbound messages can be found in the same location. The second panel constitutes a basic Editor for typing the messages. Message delivery is instantaneous and very reliable as long as the carrier is supported by MobiK. The third panel on the right is what makes MobiK tick – Advertisements.

That brings us to the most important question – is this really free? If we go by what MobiK promises, it IS. So who actually pays for the SMS-es? MobiK is partnered with select sponsors in a number of regions worldwide. Each message you send is appended with an ‘ad tag’ from their sponsors. MobiK will not deliver a text message unless there is an ‘ad sponsor’ in your region. To find more information on the supported destination countries view their coverage page.

MobiK’s FAQ provides you with some comprehensive answer to all such common queries.

All said and done – you still need a PC to send messages, right? So, what about the normal cell-phone users with no internet access? This brings us to another USP (Unique Selling Proposition) of MobiK.

MobiK can also be used on selected mobile phones that support Java ME (Java Micro Edition). To use MobiK you need to have a mobile phone that contains the Java ME runtime kernel. The primary benefits are that you can not only send out free SMS-es directly from your mobile phone, your contact list gets auto-synchronised and is available for use from the PC too.

Sounds good, eh? Sign-up for MobiK, free.

Comments
  • john says:

giler kentang

• john says:

giler kentang

• Is that supposed to mean anything? 😮

• Is that supposed to mean anything? 😮

• shah says:

bro,

I have been trying to download mobik.exe for days now. It seems that the site is always down or i just cant access the site.

Really2 need your favor here, can u send me the mobik.exe file to my mail? i hope the size is less then 10Mb.

Thanks in advance. Have to use it to contact my parents overseas. Thanks bro.

• shah says:

bro,

Thanks in advance. Have to use it to contact my parents overseas. Thanks bro.

• Hi there Shah,
    The mobik.exe that’s available for download at their site isn’t much of a software. It’s a tiny ~450kb download which simply creates a shortcut to to the MobiK site on your desktop and Start Menu.

The whole concept behind MobiK is of “thin-clients”, i.e. the whole software gets automatically downloaded & installed right inside your browser without requiring you to download any software actively. Thin client apps can be written using several languages & platforms including Java, the AJAX combo, Flash etc. The MobiK interface is an example of Flash based thin clients.

Anyway – I’ve managed to grab the file you are seeking and I’ve uploaded it to an alternate location so that you can grab it easily and give it a try. The link was mailed to your email automatically from that site – so check it out and let me know… 🙂

m^e

P.S. Anyone else facing similar problems – do leave a comment.. and in case you want to grab the same file, here’s the link: http://www.uploading.com/files/F1F0ZB42/mobik.exe.html

• Hi there Shah,

• stas says:

I cant download the java software on to my phone. My wap works and everything my fone is compatible but it says errors when i download it. Is this because the server may be down? Any ideas? thank u

• stas says:

• muhamad says:

weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• muhamad says:

weiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

• Thank you all for trying our software and we appreciate your patience as we have been very busy in the lab.

We have been spending the past few months creating stronger advertising relationships & developing the mobile app. We will be launching the new service (STILL COMPLETELY FREE!) and additional services such as .mobi storage & memory upgrades, m-commerce, & our mobile social networking community in the coming months. As well we will be adding more than 50 new countries covered & an all new support & customer service team.

I hope you “pardon our dust” for the next few months and are ready for us in June for the Launch.

Damian Thompson
    CEO
    The Mobi Group

Damian Thompson
    CEO
    The Mobi Group

• Damian: Thank you for providing us with feedback on this issue. Your comment certainly answers a lot of queries put forward by the readers of this blog. Am sure that by now all of us are anxiously waiting for those great new features you’ve mentioned here. Hope to see them up & active… soon. 🙂

All the best with your venture.

m^e

All the best with your venture.

• mayau says:

hellooo………

• mayau says:

hellooo………

• Hi there mayau & Tithi 🙂 Thanks for dropping by.

m^e

• Hi there mayau & Tithi 🙂 Thanks for dropping by.

• sathish says:

hi da what r udoing

• sathish says:

hi da what r udoing

• Hi Sathish 🙂
    Thank you for dropping by. I’m doing great. How about you?

• Hi Sathish 🙂
    Thank you for dropping by. I’m doing great. How about you?

• Shone says:

da li ovo radi?

• Shone says:

da li ovo radi?

• amoy says:

if mobik does not work, i’m suggest the other website that provide free sms..

easy and faster

• amoy says:

if mobik does not work, i’m suggest the other website that provide free sms..

easy and faster

• amoy: Thank you for providing us with an alternative. I’ll take a look at the service and if possible come up with a review real quick. 😉

• bird says:

hi .. any body on line now

• bird says:

hi .. any body on line now

• bird says:

helloooooooo , any One here

• bird says:

helloooooooo , any One here

• Braun says:

Hello, I would want to know why Nigeria was left out on your registration. Please do get back to me on this, A.S.A.P

Braun.

• Braun says:

Braun.

• I didn’t quite get you Braun. Nigeria got left out in the registration for what? MobiK or my blog?

If it’s MobiK then I can’t really shed any light on their service policies and if it’s my blog, I’ll have to ask WordPress why they left Nigeria out… 😀

Regards,

Regards,

• bird says:

hellooooooooo friends

• bird says:

hellooooooooo friends

• Pheobe says:

Testing.. This website enable us to send free SMS.. from Kat.

• Pheobe says:

Testing.. This website enable us to send free SMS.. from Kat.

• To all those who’re eagerly awaiting news about new developments at the MobiK front, I got in touch with Damian, their CEO a week back. Here’s what he informed me regarding the current problems many of my readers are facing…

I notice some of your readers wish to understand why their country does / does not work. We are only live in countries where we have an advertising sales team. As we are the only TRULY FREE service we must have ad revenues to support this service. We are however launching new sales offices across Asia & parts of Europe over the coming year (India is first on the list in the next 60 days).

Regards,
    Damian

He further added that in the next 30 days or so they’ll will have their launch plan all sketched out.

I smell good news… soon 😉

Regards,
    Damian

I smell good news… soon 😉

• venki says:

hi…da

• venki says:

hi…da

• Hi there Venki 🙂 Do I know you ?

• Hi there Venki 🙂 Do I know you ?

• lee says:

i can’t open http://www.mobik.com, is there anything wrong?

• lee says:

i can’t open http://www.mobik.com, is there anything wrong?

• lee: I think it’s some routing problem from your end. I tried just now and I can access MobiK all fine.

• krisna says:

why i can’t get validation code from mobik with my mobile………

• krisna says:

why i can’t get validation code from mobik with my mobile………

• jason0220 says:

How use use??SO difficult leh!!!

• jason0220 says:

How use use??SO difficult leh!!!

• Mobik really came in handy when I traveled to Europe. I was still able to keep in touch with my family daily!

• metal says:

how to download mobik software on to my phone. i had try to download from my mobile phone but failed.anybody can help me

• metal says:

• DC says:

MobiK doesn’t support Nokia 5100 :'(

• DC says:

MobiK doesn’t support Nokia 5100 :'(

• sam88 says:

You Can Quikly Register Mobik website click this link
    you can very fast send sms world wide mobile phone’s

• sam88 says:

You Can Quikly Register Mobik website click this link
    you can very fast send sms world wide mobile phone’s

• sam88: Kindly refrain from posting referral links in here. However, the link is useful – hence, I’ve modified your comment and snipped-off the referral ID. Visitors can use this link to directly head over to the MobiK sign-up page.

• AltaGid says:

Hello! Help solve the problem.
    Very often try to enter the site, but says that the password is not correct.
    Regrettably use of remembering. Give like to be?
    Thank you!

• AltaGid says:

Hello! Help solve the problem.
    Very often try to enter the site, but says that the password is not correct.
    Regrettably use of remembering. Give like to be?
    Thank you!

• Hi all, am a regular user of mobiK.com, but recently am not able to open that site. can anybody tell me the reason ?

• Hi there,
    Can you tell us the exact nature of the problem? Are you not able to get to the MobiK site at all?? Or are you not being able to login despite having a registered account?

• Hi there,

• Srdjan says:

Also for me, site isn’t working at all ?!

• Srdjan says:

Also for me, site isn’t working at all ?!

• Tia says:

Me too. i am not able to open the website!

• Tia says:

Me too. i am not able to open the website!

• Amit says:

Why can’y i install the MobiK software on My phone?
    Its a Razr V3i Stock/Unlocked..

Is it a server side error?

• Amit says:

Why can’y i install the MobiK software on My phone?
    Its a Razr V3i Stock/Unlocked..

Is it a server side error?

• Darren says:

Pretty similar to what google or peekamo are doing. I found an article on this type of free texting.

• Darren says:

• markofando says:

Want to start your private office arms race right now?

I just got my own USB rocket launcher 🙂 Awsome thing.

Plug into your computer and you got a remote controlled office missile launcher with 360 degrees horizontal and 45 degree vertival rotation with a range of more than 6 meters – which gives you a coverage of 113 square meters round your workplace.
    You can get the gadget here: ThinkGeek: USB Missile Launcher

Check out the video they have on the page.

Cheers

Marko Fando

• markofando says:

Want to start your private office arms race right now?

I just got my own USB rocket launcher 🙂 Awsome thing.

You can get the gadget here: ThinkGeek: USB Missile Launcher

Check out the video they have on the page.

Cheers

Marko Fando

• Babu says:

Hi,
    I have installed mobik in my mobile (Motorola V360). When I try to login, its show an error massage like- internet settings are not correct. I can access any wap site from my wap browser. So I do not understand where the wrong in my internet settings is. Please help me regarding this issue.

• Babu says:

Hi,

• Sathish says:

bro,

Thanks in advance. Have to use it to contact my parents overseas. Thanks bro.

• Sathish says:

bro,

Thanks in advance. Have to use it to contact my parents overseas. Thanks bro.

• Charles says:

MOBIK sux to the max. It doesn’t have ads in many countries, so I would recommend ppl out there to not even waste time looking at it no

• Charles says:

• iqbu says:

i also send when i sign up mobik there after icant open my mobik id really 2 times i get the mobik validation code indian and saudia arabia mobile phones

• iqbu says:

try this site: SMSWAE.com for free pc to mobile sms. 🙂

• stephanofilariasis says:

hey,is this site still exist?hehehe

• stephanofilariasis says:

hey,is this site still exist?hehehe

• pauloulu says:

I am new to this blog and I think this will help me to enhance my knowledge. I have been here many times and have always found this to be a great place for information and advice about a wide range of computing topics.

Paul

• pauloulu says:

Paul

• usman says:

hello
    i have yried to download it to my phone but i think it does t work with my nokia n 92 phone
    plz tewll what i do?
    ?/??//
    ?

• usman says:

hello
    plz tewll what i do?
    ?/??//
    ?

• wan says:

hye all..i already use mobik a year before but now i cant use it anymore..when i log on to mobik.com other website appear..and i also forgot my id and my pasword.. my id should be mista8 but my pasword i cant remember at all..

can someone help me..

• wan says:

can someone help me..

• wan: I’m in a similar situation. I had tried logging in with my old login/pass but it wouldn’t let me in. When I tried to sign-up for a new one, it refused to accept my mobile number.

What a fix!! And all I wanted was to get in and do another review of their recent developments.

I wrote to their support too quite sometime back but with no luck.

I wrote to their support too quite sometime back but with no luck.

• wan says:

are u still type http://www.mobik.com and then u get into the mobik page or other page? my problem is. i can get into mobik page.. its will go to other website.

• wan says:

• wan: Funny !! Now that you pointed out, I tried accessing Mobik.com and I’m being redirected to this strange new domain called bed.travel ! What the heck happened to MobiK? Anyone else facing this? Is this some temporary DNS hijacking or MobiK’s gone out of business for good?

Waiting for more feedback…
    m^e

Waiting for more feedback…

• Dear,Sir/Madam,

RouteSMS Solutions Limited provides Bulk SMS which has tie-ups with 27 international SMSC covering most of the countries in the world. Our professional technical team provides 24×7 technical supports which is one of the best in the industry.We have excellent routes for bulk SMS with dynamic sender with delivery covering most of the countries in the world at an extremely economical price. Please reply with the names of the countries you are interested for sending bulk SMS to help you further.

Some salient features of our services are:

1).HTTP API which can integrate into any website to send SMS,

2).DLL file which can integrate into any of your software

3) Desktop application which can be downloaded from our website http://www.routesms.com that can be used to send SMS,

4)SMPP.

For further details please mail:MSN id: asma.shaikh@routesms.com You are welcome to invite me on chat at the MSN and Yahoo id’s for further discussions, clarifications and testing of our services.Yahoo id: asma_routesms@yahoo.com, Skype id: asma_routesms

I am confident that you are one of those individual who would want to be one step ahead of your competitors and make use of this effective marketing strategy to take your business to new heights. For further information or personalized explanation you can contact the undersigned by Chat messanger, email and Phone which is given below. We would be pleased to give you proper response according to your requirement. We are sure that you will not only satisfy with the experience of Routesms but also recommend us to your valued business relation.

Awaiting for your favorable reply in anticipation,

If you dont wish to recieve such advertising emails from Routesms Solution Limited ,kindly click on the below link and enter your email-id
    Remove My email id from your list

Regards
    Asma Shaikh
    Marketing Manager
    ———————————
    RouteSms Solutions Limited
    Office No. 401, 4th Floor, Evershine Mall, Mind Space,New Link Road, Malad (W), Mumbai – 400 064, India

Tel : +91-22-40337676-99 Ext: 619

emal-id : asma.shaikh@routesms.com
    web: http://www.routesms.com
    MSN_ID : asma.shaikh@routesms.com
    Yahoo-ID: asma_routesms@yahoo.com
    Skype-ID: asma_routesms

• riotE says:

Found another site offering free sms but don’t know if it’s worldwide. Have a look at http://www.chawt.com

• riotE says:

• sms mania says:

is there any other resource to send free sms worldwide?

• sms mania says:

is there any other resource to send free sms worldwide?

• sayani says:

i have downloaded the mobik.exe file and installed mobik as guided.but then when i am clicking on the icon on my desktop its saying url not found!!!!!!!!!…..so how am i going tosend free international sms??…….

• sayani says:

• Anthony says:

Try this send free sms worldwide to any cellphone, message arrives seconds after being sent, global coverage to over 600+ networks, NO registration required totally free, NO ads in messages, NO Restrictions visit http://www.text-media.net

• Anthony says:

• Lenon says:

I like http://www.freesms4us.com it send sms a lot, around 1600 sms / day, its part of http://www.sms-anda.com which also give unlimited sms to indosat. Try it, it works for me.

• Lenon says:

• Dear Sir/Madam
    Routesms Solutions Limited provides Bulk SMS having tie up with 31 international SMSC covering most of the countries in the world.
    Our professional technical team provides 24×7 technical supports which is one of the best in the industry .

We have multiple interfaces to send BULK SMS which includes

1 Our own desktop application freely downloadable from our website http://www.routesms.com (User Friendly)
    2 HTTP API which you can integrate into your system (pl refer specification file “Routesms HTTP specifications” in downloads section of http://www.routesms.com)
    3 .DLL file
    4 SMPP interface

We are having the platform to send bulk sms and many other services at a very reasonable rate.

We can offer you a fresh pair of eyes to look at your business and help you develop and grow your business no matter what size or type trough SMS Services.

We don’t have setup fee for our services.

If you are keen to market your services or are looking for opportunities to develop such services we are interested in hearing from you.

We can always assured you for the best service’s from our side.

Please look forward for our coverage map, visit our website http://www.routesms.com

• Dear Sir/Madam

We have multiple interfaces to send BULK SMS which includes

3 .DLL file
    4 SMPP interface

We don’t have setup fee for our services.

We can always assured you for the best service’s from our side.

• Naijaboy says:

why dont you guyd try http://www.textall.net for free sms. send from any browser

• Naijaboy says: