Dumpr: Another great addition to your online graphics toolbox
This seems to be the era of online graphics tools. As computing power and coding paradigms (read software capabilities) evolve, online tasks that were earlier deemed next to impossible are being delivered right to your doorsteps – most of them at the single click of your mouse. Just last week, I had reviewed this online tool named beFunky, that helps you cartoonize any given still picture and video. Today I came across another one called Dumpr – that adds a horde of PhotoShop like filters (effects) to your toolbox.
Generating any of the effects is a 3 step process.
- You select the desired effect (some of which are reserved for the paid Premium Membership level) from a pretty large library.
- Upload your image & specify the effect variation you want (if applicable). You can also pull in images directly from other URLs and a couple of Social Networking / Image Sharing sites like MySpace, flickr, Picasa, Zoomr etc.
- This is the step – where you are handed out the final image (with the effect applied). You can either download the image or use the provided code to embed it in other sites or even re-upload a whole range of Social Networks.
Here are a couple of examples (different effects applied on the same starting image)…
Pretty slick, eh? The coolest part is that if you decide to sign-up for the service (registration is FREE), all the resultant images are automatically saved in the space allocated to your profile. The only thing I found lacking in their service is the ability to re-use these saved pictures for application of a different effect (you need to manually re-upload the image again). That would have covered all the aspects.
If you decide to opt-in for the Pro / Premium Membership – which, at $3.99 / month is quite cheap – you get added benefits…
- A larger selection of effects are made available to you.
- You get to be the first one to be able to use any new introductions (effects).
- All advertisements are taken-off your account.
Found via: JeetBlog